Summer Program Management Internship
3 people are interested
The Home Gardening Program Internship is a temporary project-based position. The position will assist staff in supporting the 2019 Home Gardens with management of clients and volunteers, providing technical assistance to garden coaches, and assisting in outcomes-based measurements for post-season assessments. In addition, the internship will also collaborate with current health and wellness initiatives and partners that are working with clients participating in the 2019 garden year. The position will be responsible for the following responsibilities, along with other duties as assigned. The average hours per week may vary, but an average of 10 hours per week.
- Develop an outcomes-based measurement survey for clients, and build an action plan and team of volunteers for the execution of this survey in the fall.
- Assist with the ongoing communication with 2019, 2018, and 2017 Home Gardening program clients.
- Assist with mapping the organization’s impact in western Chicagoland area.
- Assist the Programs and Operations Manager with the Fall Refresh sale.
- Complete one handbook for home gardeners that promotes health and wellness or other topic of interest, with approval of the Executive Director.
- Assist with additional office-related tasks, such as mass mailings, seed sorting, and distributing flyers and marketing materials.
103 West Washington StreetWest Chicago, IL 60185
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Average 10 hours per week, but hours are flexible.