14 people are interested
Volunteer Graphic Designer
Come grow with us! We're a grassroots organization seeking a passionate and skilled Social Media Coordinator. If you're interested in joining our team, please submit a resume and cover letter detailing your motivation for applying.
We here at NoStigmas are passionate and steadfast in creating a positive shift in perspective related to mental health. We hope you are passionate too. This a volunteer position and we are a primarily volunteer-run organization. The knowledge of our impact inspires us. We are looking for someone that is similarly inspired!
Founded in 2011, NoStigmas’ mission is to raise awareness and erase the stigmas surrounding suicide and mental illness by sharing stories of hope and inspiration, educating the general public and those affected by mental illness by providing them with information and support. We do this by means of peer-2-peer support programs, awareness campaigns and wellness events.
We envision a world without shame or discrimination related to mental health, suicide, brain disease, behavioral disorders and addiction with universal access to mental health education, support, and resources creating a world with NoStigmas.
For more information, please visit nostigmas.org
The Graphic Design Volunteer will work with the other team members and supervisors to make sure that a cohesive NoStigmas message is disseminated using social media, our website and other outlets.
The Graphic Design Volunteer will:
- Create engaging graphic content for our website and social media networks
- Create content for outreach publications, fliers and reports
- Perform research to discover ways in which to engage with non-profits and the mental health field
- Design content appropriate for whatever social media network it will be posted to. For instance, photos posted to Tumblr or Instagram will need different specifications than those used as cover photos for Facebook and Twitter
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Ensure that any content you create for NoStigmas has the NoStigmas logo and web address
The Graphic Design Volunteer will have the opportunity to:
- Learn the different strategies used by non-profit organizations to create branding through design
- Learn to use a system management tool for an organization’s design and social media platform which can be useful to build on portfolio
- Learn the different strategies used to link websites, blogs and social media to create branding and promote the organization’s mission
- Discover effective strategies for community outreach and engagement via design
Estimated time commitment: 20+ hours per month, Virtual or In-person
- Interest in using graphic design to create a positive social impact
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, specifically with social media, web design and print presentation
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- The ideal candidate will have the adaptability and organization to work with a virtual team.
- The successful candidate will be passionate about contributing to a positive shift in public perspective related to mental health.
- We are looking for a candidate that works effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Are you passionate, act with integrity, and are inspired by our mission? Please reach out. We look forward to meeting you!
25 E Washington St, Suite 1025, Chicago, IL 60602, US
NoStigmas is a global non-profit movement utilizing peer-2-peer connections to promote mental wellness and prevent suicide. The mission of NoStigmas is to raise awareness and erase the stigmas of suicide & mental illness by sharing stories of hope & inspiration, educating the general public about mental health issues and helping those affected by mental illness.
NoStigmas is a volunteer-driven nonprofit organization. Saying that volunteers have a huge impact at NoStigmas is an understatement; We simply cannot operate without the assistance of our volunteers. More than that, our volunteers are the base of our community and embody our core values of personal responsibility, community and advocacy.
At NoStigmas, we honor the voice of the individual and believe that each of us can make a positive impact on the world. The experience and perspectives of our volunteers determine our collective ability to create a culture where mental health equality is a reality for everyone. If you have a specific talent or ability that you’d like to share, please be sure to let us know. We’d love to offer you a platform to explore your unique spirit!
Thanks for your interest in joining the NoStigmas family of volunteers. Your time is greatly appreciated. We’re glad you’re here!
"A volunteer is a person who believes that people can make a difference - and is willing to prove it."
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Graphic Design / Print
- Graphic Design
- 20+ hours per month