Child Team Member - Head Start Help
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
7 people are interested
Head Start: Offers free preschool for income-eligible three and four year old children to get them ready for kindergarten. Program runs from September to June.
* Locations: Volunteers are needed in Crestwood (Redford), Inkster, Livonia, Plymouth-Canton, Westwood, and Detroit.
* Commitment: Volunteers are needed anytime Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. for a minimum of one day a week for 2 hours. We will accept hours for school credit.
* Group Size: Depends on location. Can be one time opportunity. Must complete application.
* Requirements: 18 and up preferred. Volunteers must complete a volunteer application, pass a background check, central registry clearance, and a TB test to qualify.
* Volunteer duties: Assist in classrooms by supporting teachers by reading, playing, and engaging with children 3 - 5 years old. Volunteers are also needed to organize, clean, and help with paperwork.
About Starfish Family Services
30000 Hiveley, Inkster, MI 48141, US
Starfish Family Services strengthens families to create brighter futures for children.
At Starfish Family Services, our goal is to invest in children and their families through our early childhood programs, continue that investment through our school-aged and adolescent programs and strengthen the family environment through our adult programs. Our intervention programs, which provide respite care, mental health counseling, and crisis management, are used with those families, where necessary, to protect the investment that is being made in their children. The overall goal is to create a nurturing, successful family environment where children have the skills later in life to become good parents and successful members of their communities.
We'll work with your schedule.
30000 HiveleyInksterInkster, MI 48141
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Hours a week