Red Cross Government Operations Members
VOLUNTEER ROLE IN THE LEHIGH VALLEY, PENNSYLVANIA
The American Red Cross seeks Government Operations Members. In this volunteer role, you will represent the Red Cross at local Emergency Operations Centers (EOC) and promote, develop and maintain a productive collaborative relationship with government partners, diverse groups, and internal Red Cross units to fulfill our Government Operations objectives and support those affected the disaster.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining strategic relationships while assigned to a local (county) Emergency Operations Center.
- Participating in internal and external planning efforts and exercises.
- Providing situational awareness.
- Facilitating response activities.
- Effectively representing the Red Cross to external partners.
- Explaining Red Cross disaster policy, services and procedures as required.
Qualifications include the ability to work with technology, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to adapt to change, negotiate compromise, and flexibility, excellent writing, listening and verbal communication skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously, willingness to be part of a team, and ability to learn Red Cross policies and procedures and programs.
If you are interested in learning more about this volunteer opportunity -- or any of our volunteer roles throughout Eastern Pennsylvania (from Philadelphia to Allentown to the Poconos and everywhere in between -- please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer or contact Ned Bloom, Volunteer Services Senior Specialist at 484-403-4721 or Ned.Bloom@redcross.org. Thank you.
We'll work with your schedule.
Allentown, PA 18104AllentownAllentown, PA 18104
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- As needed per disaster.