Fundraising and Donor Relations Specialist
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking a driven, and compassionate volunteer(s) in the Dayton, Ohio area, to perform any or all of the following, including fundraising campaigns, special events, and donor stewardship. Identify potential donors and cultivate relationships with individuals, foundations and community partners. Both junior and senior candidates will be considered.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of nonprofit fund development techniques and strategies.
- Ability to successfully design and implement donor cultivation, solicitation, and retention strategies.
- Relationship skills - meeting collaboration, networking, relationship building, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with donors, staff, volunteers, community groups and other related agencies.
- Basic computer literacy, including competency in social media.
- Prefer addiction, mental health, and/or faith knowledge or experience, either personally or professionally.
The position is flexible and could include any or all of the following, depending on interests, experience, and availability:
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Coordinate fundraising and cultivation events.
- Oversee logistics, timelines and other operational elements for fundraising campaigns.
- Coordinate sponsorships and in-kind donations and build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission of the organization.
- Participate in Mission Addiction activities, meetings, and/or leadership meetings as appropriate to understand the mission and needs.
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Edward@Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
Anything is possible when we walk together(tm)
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support and resources to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their addiction journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate.)
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- Sunday morning, interactive, family-friendly faith experience
Navigation and Referral Services
Lay Counseling & Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students