Events and Activity Coordinator
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
POSITION SUMMARY: Seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing, and compassionate volunteer(s) in the Dayton, Ohio area, to plan, schedule, coordinate, and implement various events, designed for fun, outreach, education, fundraising, and/or community awareness. Ideal candidates will have a passion for people and our mission; be organized, and must be able to work independently as well as be a team player; have a willingness to jump in and help wherever needed. Both junior and senior candidates will be considered.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with various groups within the community.
- Understanding of donor and volunteer-centered communications.
- Experience with websites, social media, email and print campaigns preferred.
- Prefer addiction, mental health, and/or faith knowledge or experience, either personally or professionally.
The position is flexible and could include any or all of the following, depending on interests, experience, and availability:
- Work with the executive director and development team to create a mix of events for fun, outreach, education, fundraising, and/or community awareness.
- Manage event logistics for such events, such as transportation for participants, parking, facilities, catering, displays, availability of audio-visual equipment, and other event needs.
- Assess the needs and interests of individuals and groups and plan activities accordingly, given the available equipment or facilities.
- Communicate with the community to provide resources for activities.
- Speak with staff at a chosen event site to coordinate details.
- Participate in Mission Addiction activities, meetings, and/or leadership meetings as appropriate to understand the mission and needs.
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Edward @Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
Anything is possible when we walk together(tm)
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support, training, resources and aftercare to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people and families, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate and you do not have to be a Christian.) 5) Embrace culturally diverse clients and volunteers. We depend upon that variation of thought to contribute to effective services and growth for everyone. Anything is possible when we walk together™
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- "Quick Church" blog
Navigation and Referral Services
Mentoring / Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students