Hospice/Palliative Care Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
20 people are interested
ST. JOSEPH HOME CARE SERVICES: Hospice is a philosophy of care based on the concept that patients
with life-limiting illnesses should receive assistance in achieving the highest possible quality of
life within their disease process. St Joseph embraces a family-centered approach to the physical,
emotional and spiritual care of patients and their families.
Our team of highly trained professionals is dedicated to providing comprehensive care and symptom
management in an atmosphere of compassion and dignity. Patients and their caregivers are encouraged
to be involved in the plan of care. Together we will work to ensure that patients are comfortable,
able to enjoy every day, live with dignity and respect.
St. Joseph Home care services provides volunteer services as part of our team effort in caring for
and supporting our patients and their families.
THE FOLLOWING VOLUNTEER SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE
- Patient Visit Volunteer: Visiting our patients to provide companionship and support through conversation, reading, socialization, leisure activities or by being a supportive presence. Also
may provide the opportunity for brief respite, so that the caregiver can take some time away to
take care of him or herself or run errands.
- No One Dies Alone - Vigil Volunteer: Provide ministry of presence to patients who are actively transitioning. Volunteers sit with patient, providing a peaceful, reassuring presence and
atmosphere during the final hours. No One Dies Alone recognizes each person as a unique expression
of life (Dignity) and the presence of vulnerability in loneliness (Justice). No One Dies Alone
brings people together in compassionate service and commitment to human kindness/integrity
- Bereavement Volunteer: Provide bereavement support in a variety of ways, such as telephone calls, e-mails, funeral visits or visiting with the family and or Grief Group Support.
- Special Projects Volunteer: Bake, Sew; Choir, Create Crafts: Make Comfort/Burden Bears, Aprons, Lap Blankets, Pillows, etc. for patients and family members. These Volunteers support the Health System
with various community events as well. Light Up a Life, Coping with the Holidays, Celebration of
- Pet Therapy Teams: Trained Certified Therapy Dogs and their Volunteer handlers provide a therapeutic interaction with the patients typically in the skilled nursing facilities.
- Craft Volunteers: Make homemade gifts of lap blankets, bibs, pillows, bears and hospital gowns to help make our patients feel special and more comfortable.
- Memory Pillows/Bears: Volunteers hand craft bears and pillows for families from an article of clothing belonging to the patient.
- We Honor Veterans: Provides a certificate of appreciation for time served to Veterans on our service.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
200 W. Center St PromanadeAnaheim, CA 92805
- Massage Therapy
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training