We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
7 people are interested
Marketing Aficionados Needed! - Marketing Internship
ORGANIZATION: Hillsboro Farmers' Markets
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
Do you love social media and building community connections through creative campaigns? Then join us as a Marketing Intern to assist HFM in the implementation of our marketing and public relations plans. Marketing Interns celebrate Hillsboro's rich agricultural history by developing engaging social media and website content that connects the community with local farmers and artisans.
As a Marketing Intern, you can help the community learn more about the impact that the Hillsboro Farmers' Markets make on individuals, families, and communities. You can connect with your local growers and producers to make new friends and learn more about local produce.
The Marketing Intern will be responsible for assisting the organization in the development and implementation of its marketing and public relations plans. This will be accomplished through developing engaging social media and website content and building community focused partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement HFM’s marketing plan
- Research/attend outreach events
- Distribute marketing materials (posters, flyers, rack cards)
- Create quality, fun, engaging social media content following market style guide
- Engage with customers and vendors on social media by liking and responding to comments/posts/shares
- Take vibrant pictures of products, people, and programs at the markets
- Identify local influence centers for promotional item distribution like rack cards
- Track and analyze platform engagements and statistical data
- Accurately tag vendors, sponsors, and community partners in social media posts and pictures
- Collect photo releases of people in pictures as needed
- Attend monthly marketing meetings
- Conduct market/marketing research as needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and follow- up skills
- Leadership potential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Ability to learn other software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Photography/social media experience preferred
Time: Flexible hours; approx. 10-15 hours; must attend a minimum of one market (Saturday or Sunday) and one office day (Wednesday - Friday) per week
Hillsboro Farmers' Markets creates community gathering-places for people to buy local produce and products. We partner with farms, small businesses, and groups to provide education and resources. These efforts strive to enhance our community health and economic growth.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Hillsboro Farmers' Markets
232 NE Lincoln St, Suite K, Hillsboro, OR 97124, US
Hillsboro Farmers’ Markets creates community gathering-places for people to buy local produce and products. We partner with farms, small businesses, and groups to provide education and resources. These efforts strive to enhance our community health and economic growth.
Hillsboro Farmers’ Markets (HFM) enriches and unifies our community by creating welcoming environments to access affordable regionally grown produce, arts, crafts, and local products. HFM supports farmers, artisans, and other family-owned business entrepreneurs. We encourage partnerships among vendors and the educational and business communities. In partnership with our vendors, we educate consumers on farm practices, sustainability, and the nutritional and economic value of buying locally.
Hillsboro Farmers' MarketsHillsboro, OR 97124
February 15, 2022
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible hours, part-time for 3 months, weekends during market season
- Interns will work remotely during the week and must attend one market day per week.