Volunteer Sales Associate
3 people are interested
In-Store Volunteer Sales Associate
- Greet, welcome customers and share the mission of the store.
- Determine and understand customers' needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Explain product features and benefits and artisan stories, while addressing customer desires.
- Suggest additional items while utilizing the Sales and Service Standards to build sales.
- Ring items on the Point-of-Sale system and either gift-wrap or package items to avoid damage.
- Provide customers with available artisan information and gift cards, and invite customers back to store.
- Anticipate and resolve customer service issues.
- Maintain an awareness of store's conversion rate goals and meet goals through excellent customer service and effective selling techniques.
- Work with store team to ensure consistent coverage of the sales floor.
- Maintain an awareness and control of loss prevention through attentive customer service.
- Maintain displays and back office through regular cleaning, straightening and dusting.
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Manager with floor moves and maintenance according to store merchandising standards
- Receive, price, and stock orders as they are delivered.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Store Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Work as part of an effective team while respecting the roles and contributions of other team members.
- Contribute to overall sales growth of the store through excellent customer service
Volunteers are encouraged to learn as much as possible about the handicrafts we sell and the people who make them. With this knowledge, the volunteer serves as an advocate for our artisans!
Applicants should be 16 years and older, able to stand on the sales floor for 4 hours at a time, and willing to work at least 2 - 4 hour shifts per month. Enthusiastic and positive attitude a must!
About ONE WORLD SHOPPE INC
19321 DETROIT RD, ROCKY RIVER, OH 44116, US
To educate and engage our community on fair trade and related global social justice issues by providing a variety of educational outreach programs and a vibrant marketplace for artisan handmade goods.
Fair Trade fosters a sustainable global economic system in which purchasing and production choices are made with concern for the well-being of artisans and the environment, alleviating poverty and giving people dignity and viable options to meet their own needs.
One World Shop has been supporting Fair Trade artisans around the world for 40 years. We are Cleveland’s oldest non-profit Fair Trade organization and one of very few non-profits in the area providing educational outreach programs on artistic, cultural and social justice issues surrounding fair trade and serving as a marketplace for handmade artisan produced goods.
One World Shop staff, board members and volunteers engage in outreach activities, including speaking engagements with local schools and community organizations, offsite sales and informational presentations at local art and cultural festivals, and hosting events that raise funds for other local non-profits while bringing newcomers to our Fair Trade store and education programs.
We'll work with your schedule.
19321 Detroit RdRocky River, OH 44116
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Shifts are 4 hours each; Offered Tuesday - Sunday. Two + shifts are required per month to ensure training and continuity.