21 people are interested
Support College Students in Recovery - The RESET Room
ORGANIZATION: A-B Tech Community College
Please visit the new page to apply.
21 people are interested
Collegiate Recovery is a growing need across the country. Volunteers in the RESET Room are supporters of those in recovery or those wanting to get connected to resources for recovery. The RESET Room is a quiet space set aside for students in recovery of any kinds to take a break from the busy and stressful day. Volunteers staff the RESET Room providing support and encouragement to students who visit. Understanding addition and other reasons students may be in recovery is a critical part of the volunteer’s role in this space.
- Be present in the RESET Room - this room is a quiet space set aside for students to recharge, recover and renew during a busy day.
- Build relationships with students who come into the RESET Room.
- Know about current and local resources and point students towards those resources.
- Keep the space tidy.
- An application and orientation/ brief training are required before starting this position.
- Must be able to commute to A-B Tech in Asheville NC. This position is in-person.
- Must have a social security number, be over the age of 18 and this position is not eligible for community service.
- Understanding of addiction, its impact on the person and the family, and the disease model of addiction.
- Ability to hold boundaries (emotional, mental, and physical) to be appropriate support for students.
- Knowledge of community resources preferred.
- It is vitally important to this volunteer position for volunteers to commit to a regular and consistent schedule.
- Comfortable and appropriate attire is required.
- The room can often be cold - please dress accordingly.
- The RESET Room is in 204 Elm Building, 27 Tech Drive, Asheville NC 28801.
Health and Safety:
- For current COVID-19 guidelines visit https://abtech.edu/COVID
About A-B Tech:
Founded in 1959 in the heart of Asheville, A-B Tech is the largest higher education institution in Western North Carolina, serving approximately 23,000 students a year in Buncombe and Madison counties. One of 58 community colleges in the NC Community College System, A-B Tech offers 190 degrees, diplomas, and certificates, as well as a wide range of workforce training and continuing education programs. A-B Tech includes the main Asheville campus, A-B Tech Enka (home of the A-B Tech Small Business Center and Business Incubation Program, Craft Beverage Institute of the Southeast and N.C. BioNetwork), A-B Tech Madison, A-B Tech Woodfin, the Goodwill Center and the ABCCM Transformation Village in West Asheville, and a future location at Biltmore Park West. Learn more at abtech.edu. To learn more about our volunteering program visit www.abtech.edu/volunteer.
About A-B Tech Community College
340 Victoria Road, Asheville, NC 28801, US
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College inspires, nurtures, and empowers students and the community toward a better quality of life through progressive teaching, bold innovation, and supportive collaboration.
Volunteers are a vital part of achieving our mission of student success while delivering quality education to enhance academic, workforce, and personal development. Volunteers from all backgrounds serve in various capacities across all our campuses, from administrative support to tutoring.
Learn more about A-B Tech at https://abtech.edu/
A-B Tech Community College (Elm Building)340 Victoria Rd.Asheville, NC 28801
November 16, 2023
- Mental Health
- Adult Education
- Relationship Building
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Able to work a shift Monday – Friday from 9 to 5 (times in Summer to vary). Closed for school holidays, breaks and between semesters.
- A-B Tech is excited to welcome dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers to its campus to support and mentor students.