Library Dock Crew Member
8 people are interested
The Friends of the Library support group is looking for individuals to help collect and sort donated books from the loading dock.
The volunteers will:
- Pick up boxes of books and load into bins - MUST be able to lift and/or push 40 lbs.
- Sort books by genres, quality, values, etc. - MUST be able to recognize the quality and value of various books and moderately know the value of the book
- MUST be able to volunteer beginning at 8:00am on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays (an individual is always welcome all three days, but not necessary)
- Must be able and enjoy working in a busy environment
- Ideal volunteer will work well with others in a large group of diverse people
About Huntington Beach Public Library
7111 Talbert Ave., Huntington Beach, CA 92648, US
The Public Library is dedicated to free and equal access to information, knowledge, independent lifelong learning, cultural enrichment, and the joys of reading for our diverse community.
Public libraries in California seek to engage the talents, skills and commitment of volunteers to serve the communities' information and literacy needs. Libraries offer a variety of skilled volunteer opportunities to make a meaningful contribution to library programs, operations, fundraising events and other community engagement functions. Skilled volunteers have opportunities to lead projects, work with teams of staff and volunteers, learn new skills, and have fun.
We'll work with your schedule.
7111 Talbert Ave.Huntington Beach, CA 92648
- Driver's License Needed
- 4 hours per week with at least a 3 month commitment
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and push carts carrying 40 lbs. Ideal volunteer will be knowledgeable in various subjects to recognize valuable books, be familiar with popular authors and new book releases.