Teaching Assistant for a Resilience class
3 people are interested
The Blossom Project and Downtown Streets Team are partnering to give women experiencing homelessness the emotional and physical tools necessary to empower their lives.
The purpose with Blooming Room is to create an atmosphere of inclusion and empower vulnerable women to be and feel part of the community and to create a safe environment to build your life again. This is done by strengthening women's self-confidence by highlighting the skills and competencies they already have and supporting them in acquiring new ones.
Through Blooming Room, the women hereby have the opportunity to prepare for their future by finding and believing their own resources. The project's activities also support women in finding relationships and building healthy communities.
A part of this curriculum is to help the women be aware of their mental wellbeing. Mental health consists of psychological resources and abilities to be able to develop mentally and endure challenges and stress.
Duties and Responsibilities
A part of this curriculum is to teach women for a class called "Resilience and life story". This part of the curriculum would involve working with the women closely, as they share some of their life experiences using different creative outlets.
- Help teach resilience exercises
- Help facilitate group conversation about network, identity and strengths
The class runs every week from 03/25/19 - 06/20/19 on Thursday and Fridays (dates are subject to change). We hope you are able to commit for the 12 weeks the pilot project is running. The group will consist of about 6-8 women that are ranging from 40-75 years of age.
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and most importantly patient with the group of women
- There can be days where you will have to teach the class yourself.
- A background as a social worker, nurse or psychologist or studying to become.
- Experience with teaching groups preferred
222 2th steetSan Francisco, CA 94105
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- 1-2 times a week for 12 weeks (pilot project)
- A background as a social worker, nurse or psychologist or studying to become. Experience with teaching groups preferred