Research and Genealogy Library Volunteer
2 people are interested
The Scott County Historical Society is a countywide professional institution taking a leadership role in managing Scott County historical resources. SCHS consists of rotating exhibit galleries, a historic house, and a research library.
We are looking for some committed volunteers to help support our research and genealogy library. This includes helping research library visitors find materials and use the microfilm readers, fulfilling research requests for visitors and staff, and updating our genealogy catalog. Important skills include:
- Must be friendly and courteous when dealing with the public
- Must be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and detail-oriented
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Scott County preferred but not required
Interested candidates will receive training on the research library and microfilm system. The time commitment is based on your preferences, and can be set with our Program Manager. We ask that candidates commit to a regular schedule of at least one shift of any length per month, which can occur any time the Scott County Historical Society is open.
Interested? Please give us a call at 952-445-0378 or email email@example.com
We'll work with your schedule.
235 South Fuller St.Shakopee, MN 55379
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- At least one regularly scheduled shift of any length per month