Bring the joy of music to hospice patients ( no instruments required!)
2 people are interested
Help bring the joy of music to hospice patients who have served in the military!
Share in this wonderful experience and help create personal playlists for hospice patients!
The goal is to create personalized CD’s/playlists (around 12 songs) and present these to patients.
1. The process would consist of a volunteer orientation
2. Then the volunteer would receive information for the patient they would be visiting
b. Where they were born ( South, Midwest, Pacific Northwest, East Coast)
c. Genre they like (if we can get that information beforehand)
3. Visit the patient
a. Play an assortment of music and see which songs elicit responses/reactions/memories
4. Present the final product to patient or their family
Here are a couple of videos that do an amazing job at showing the effects of music on our brains!
We'll work with your schedule.
6131 Orangethorpe Ave Suite 180Buena Park, CA 90620
- Music Arts
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Music Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Visits tend to be around an hour in length. This is a small project so multiple visits may be required.
- TB test, Volunteer Orientation,