Volunteer Position: Co Workshop Manager
6 people are interested
Job Title: Workshop Manager
Organization: ChickTech Austin
ChickTech is a multi-generational community supporting women and girls to become technology creators.
We are dedicated to retaining women in the technology workforce and increasing the number of women and girls pursuing technology-based careers. We facilitate hands-on technology-centric events to empower, support, and increase the confidence of women and girls. Through our events, ChickTech builds community, empowers participants to see themselves as leaders, and provides networking and mentoring opportunities in the rapidly growing high tech industry.
We are looking for a Workshop Manager for the Austin chapter of ChickTech. This volunteer role would be responsible for developing workshop idea for our kickoff event and our monthly workshops and for ensuring its smooth execution. You'll work with the volunteer coordinator to create teams around workshop and activity ideas. You'll make sure that each one is meeting the requirements, is keeping deadlines, and has the volunteers they need to succeed!
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Good strategic and tactical thinking
- The ability to work in a collaborative style and move others to action by planning, motivating and organizing work tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills that establish and maintain credibility and relationships
- Creativity in designing a lesson that will be engaging and informative for a high school audience
- Experience with curriculum development or prior workshop development a plus!
Key responsibilities include:
- Overseeing development of Pop Up workshops (High School and Career), highlight industries where technology is vital (for example, green energy, medical, film)
- Thoroughly documenting the Pop Up workshop and the process so that it may be re-used in the future
- Finding industry partners to either co-develop or lead monthly events throughout the year to broaden the participants' network in the tech industry
- Work with the Event/Logistics Manager to ensure the workshop has all the resources it needs to succeed, including a venue, materials, and personnel
- Work with High School Program Manager to outline hardware, software, and logistics needs for workshops
Expected time commitment: 5-10 hours/week (more during High School Kickoff season). This includes checking your ChickTech email at least three times a week to ensure that potential volunteers are not waiting for communication.
We ask that all leadership team members commit to one year of being on the team if possible, although less can be negotiated! Please be honest about your time commitments, while we realize it is difficult to forecast what you may be doing four or five months out, we ask potential leadership team members to try their best to upfront with any conflicts, either work or personal. Thank you for your understanding!
We'll work with your schedule.
ChickTech AustinAustin, TX 78701
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Basic Computer Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 Hours