DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
Description: Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) is looking for enthusiastic volunteers to assist in the writing of grant proposals. Selected candidates will work on assigned grants utilizing a grant template and information provided by the Director of Development. Duties will also include researching and identifying potential grants that STEP may be qualified to receive. We are adhearing to all CDC, State and local guidance in regard to COVID-19. If you are vaccinated you are not required to wear a mask, if you are not vacinated you are required to wear a mask. Proof of vacination may be required. Hours are flexible and may be remote if preferred.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to research, prepare, and submit grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research and evaluate foundations and corporations identifying grant opportunities in areas specified by STEP Development staff
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors. Write, manage, and follow up on grant applications
- Demonstrate close attention to detail
- Desire to serve junior enlisted Active Duty service members, recently discharged Veterans and their families
- Prior experience in grant writing and/or fundraising beneficial but not necessary
- Excellent persuasive writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of or ability to learn grant writing process
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated and able to seek new grant/funding opportunities
- Ability to relate well with project stakeholders and advocate on their behalf
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to distinguish and forward pertinent information about time sensitive situations
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Completion of STEP Volunteer Orientation
- Willingness to undergo a background screening
At STEP, integrity is our biggest asset and we ask the same of our volunteers. To protect the anonymity of our clients, you will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Job satisfaction, professional contacts, and lifelong friendships.
- Social work experience
- Availability of training in new skills
- Opportunity to control work schedule
- The knowledge that you are helping the Nation’s heroes, whether active duty or transitioning to civilian life!
Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our vision is to be a reliable, relevant and responsive resource for our Southern California junior to mid-grade families to turn to during hard times. STEP provides emergency financial assistance grants and gifts of in-kind goods to help relieve an unexpected financial hardship or crisis resulting in the qualified applicant’s inability to sustain crucial living expenses. Our volunteers are our most valued resource, and we look forward to receiving your volunteer application to help us in our mission to provide emergency financial and transition assistance grants to active duty and recently discharged enlisted military and their families.
About Support The Enlisted Project (STEP)
9915 Businesspark Ave, Suite A, SAN DIEGO, CA 92131, US
STEP assists junior active duty enlisted members and recently discharged enlisted veterans and their families in Southern California facing financial crisis achieve long term financial self-sufficiency through counseling, educations and grants to alleviate critical near term obligations.
Volunteers are implemented in every part of the nonprofit, and is vital to reach our mission of supporting these military families. We need consistent help with sorting donated items, as well as administrative and holiday program support.
9915 Businesspark AvenueSuite ASan Diego, CA 92131
August 11, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We would love to have you join us in our office but this job may also be worked remotely. Must have your own transportation.