Volunteer Interpreters are the face of the Museum. Through dynamic, informative and fun programs they offer visitors opportunities to experience the history and objects of our site in meaningful ways. Building connections between the tangible objects of our museum and the visitors personal experiences and interests is their primary task. You will help visitors achieve the "wow" factor, the "aha" moments, in their museum experience.
You will also be offered an opportunity to achieve a recognized certification in professional interpretation through the National Association of Interpretation(NAI).
Any age may apply if you feel you meet the requirements/qualifications. Mature young people age 16 and above are eligible for NAI certification.
The positions begins in May. Exact date to be determined.
In addition to an interest and willingness to learn the principles and practice of professional heritage interpretation volunteers must possess some combination of the following:
- Likes meeting and interacting with people of a wide age and diversity range
- Interest in history, particularly manufacturing and technology
- Enjoy teaching activities with a wide range of ages and diversity
- Willing to commit to a regular weekly schedule during our open season (May-October)
- Willing to work some weekend hours and/or some holidays
- Interest in machines and technology, old and new
- Willingness to learn new technology skills (e.g. 3Dprinting concepts, etc.)
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
196 Main StreetWindsor, VT 05089
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mechanical Engineering
- Basic Computer Skills
- Orientation or Training
- See job descriptions