39 people are interested
The West End Museum is a nonprofit neighborhood museum located next to North Station in Downtown Boston. With rotating programs and events which change often and require researching information and material, the museum needs someone to assist in researching and reporting findings in essay format, an edited version of which will be used as the basis for publicity postings and programs.
(This position is ideal for a graduate student or someone with research experience who enjoys learning about engaging historical and urban events. )
- 2-3 hours per week
- Research work (part of the hourly commitment) may be done at home
- Meetings will be held at the museum
- Be familiar with the basics of research
- Be able to express ideas with clarity
- Be familiar with the method of including sources for program material
- Be able to brain-storm in a small group setting
- Communicate in a timely manner with the program director
- Be punctual in meeting deadlines
- Be forthright in conveying research difficulties
- Research experience
- Ability to organize material
- Ability to articulate search results in a clear and coherent manner
- Willingness to take on research challenges
FOR MORE INFORMATION: thewestendmuseum.org
About The West End Museum
150 Staniford St., (Entrance on Lomasney Way), Boston, MA 02114, US
The West End Museum is a neighborhood museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston. The Museum acknowledges its role as and educational institution and a trustee of significant material culture. The West End Museum fulfills its mission by providing exhibits to the public and access to its collections for research, and serving as a resource to the West End neighborhood for historical and cultural interests. It involves the public in its mission through outreach programming, neighborhood events, and educational programming, thereby increasing and sustaining the public's appreciation of an important American urban neighborhood from the 17th century to the present time.
About the West End Museum:
We are a Boston neighborhood museum looking for people who are interested in the history and culture of the City of Boston, its immigrant era, and urban renewal. The Museum is a 501(c)3 charitable non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers and dedicated to the collection, preservation, and interpretation of the history and culture of the West End of Boston.
You can expect to find a casual workplace of friendly volunteers who are welcoming and eager to engage with the public. A previous knowledge of the neighborhood is not required, but an appreciation of its historical significance is helpful.
The Museum is conveniently located close to the MBTA Science Park/West End Station and North Station. Bowdoin Station is about a 10-minute walk.
Visit www.thewestendmuseum.org for more information.
We'll work with your schedule.
150 Staniford Street - Suite 7Boston, MA 02114
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication