Event-Day Help for Sarcoidosis Walkathon
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
Kick In to Stop Sarcoidosis!
6th Annual Sarcoidosis of Long Island Sarcoidosis Awareness Walk
The Town of Brookhaven, Sarcoidosis of Long Island, and Stony Brook University are sponsoring a 1k and 5k to support Sarcoidosis research. We will have vendors as well as a raffle of great prizes! This is more than a walk; it is an event! We will also have a local radio station in attendance.
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Set up (prep tables in each area, set up balloons/decorations)
- Registration (check in participants as they arrive, collect additional donations)
- SWAG bags (prepare/distribute to all participants)
- Refreshments (monitor food/drink table)
- Raffles (sell raffle tickets, assist with choice raffle drawing)
- Sales (sell items for designated donation prices)
- Clean up (pack remaining materials, ensure area is left as we found it)
About Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research
1820 W WEBSTER AVE STE 304, CHICAGO, IL 60614, US
The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research is the nation’s leading nonprofit organization dedicated to finding a cure for this disease and to improving care for sarcoidosis patients. Since its establishment in 2000, FSR has funded numerous domestic and international research efforts and has worked diligently to provide resources to thousands.
The Foundation for Sarcoidosis Research began in 1999 as a grassroots organization, and now has expanded our efforts and impact to become the leader in supporting sarcoidosis research. Started by co-founders with a dedication to making a difference, FSR continues to advance research and provide information to thousands.
SAC Auditorium - Stony Brook University199 Nicholls RdStony Brook, NY 11790
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- 8:30AM - 1:00PM. Volunteers should be available for the duration, unless set-up only or clean-up only is specified.