Disaster Workforce Engagement Team Member
American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
On-boarding team Member- Help get new volunteers through our system, into training, and follow up with them throughout the training/onboarding process. Volunteers have 90 days to be placed into their positions, onboarding team members are crucial to meeting this goal. Send emails, make calls, send text messages and follow up with the volunteers as they go through the training process. Answer questions, direct them to the appropriate staff members etc. Ensures onboarding, engagement, development, retention and recognition are provided to the Disaster Cycle Services workforce to create more available and trained volunteers for disaster response.
- Strives to achieve a diverse workforce including people with disabilities and functional needs and representative of different geographic communities.
- Knowledge of the department and available positions within
- Assist with orientations to new members, placement into volunteer positions, assigning training plans, support recognition efforts of workforce and deployment for larger responses.
- 18yrs or older, and proficient in English
- Reliable computer and internet access
- Able to work with computer systems and Microsoft Excel
- Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Good customer service skills and patience
- Willing to work within a team, and attend virtual team meetings 1x weekly
- Professional phone etiquette, willing to use personal phone for calls
About American Red Cross - Pacific Islands Region
4155 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu, HI 96816, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.