Vancouver Heart & Stroke Walk
5 people are interested
The American Heart & Stroke Association (AHA) is actively seeking volunteers for our annual Heart & Stroke Walk taking place at Esther Short Park on Sunday May 5 th (Cinco De Mayo)! The AHA welcomes volunteers (ages 16 and up) to help lead the fight against heart disease and stroke while encouraging a healthy and active lifestyle. We have a variety of volunteer tasks throughout the day depending on which time you prefer.
· Festival Set Up (9:30 am - 11:00 am) - Assist with sponsor/vendor booth set-up, hanging banners, table and chair set-up, etc.
· Photographer (10:00 am 4:00 pm) - Mingle in assigned area and offer to take guests photos for them. Encourage #VancouverHeartWalk
· Green Team (11:00 am - 3:00 pm) - Monitor recycling throughout event. Help with post-event litter pickup in the festival area and along the route.
· Start/Finish Line (12:30 am - 3:00 pm) - Be at the START line as the walk begins, encouraging and cheering on walkers. Remain at the FINISH line as walkers finish the route, welcoming them back to the festival and cheering them on. Please be LOUD!!
· Route Rally (11:00 am -3:00 pm) - Volunteers will be assigned a spot along the route, holding up signs, directing walkers and cheering them on. Assist with route clean-up.
· Festival Take Down (4:00 pm - 5:00 pm) - Assist with taking down banners, picking up trash, boxing up supplies and loading in to box.
· General Volunteer (10:00 am - 3:00 pm) - Monitor event areas where needed, answer general questions, and help with break down.
For additional information you can visit our website www.pdxheartwalk.org or click on the volunteer registration form. You can also email t-Amanda.Knox@heart.org if you have a large group of volunteers or if you have any additional questions regarding this opportunity!
605 Esther StreetVancouver, WA 98660
- Must be at least 16