2 people are interested
The Artist Mentor is responsible for working directly with our artists one to one and in small groups. This includes facilitating their creative process, teaching a new skill set, assisting with goal implementation and tracking, writing daily notes and keeping the studio in good repair. This position is ideal for those interested in the visual arts, education, or advocacy for the disability community.
- Leadership Training - Empowering our artists is an important part of the Arts of Life model
- Documentation - Complete documentation related to the happenings of the studio each day
- Group Supervision - Including, but not limited to:
- Assisting artists with getting art supplies for their projects
- Giving artist technical advice related to their projects
- Teaching and assist artists in maintaining their workstations
- Assisting with project planning and pricing
- Assisting studio staff with transportation
- Studio Maintenance -Actively participate in the upkeep of the studio and the art
- Be comfortable working directly with people with developmental disabilities
- Share an interest in art and creativity
- Be social and enjoy collaboration
You will learn how to develop relationships and collaborate with artists who have
developmental disabilities on a personal and professional level.
We'll work with your schedule.
2010 W Carroll AveChicagoChicago, IL 60622
- Visual Arts
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The internship or volunteer position is unpaid and can offer up to 35 hours a week. The studio is open Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
- Please submit an application at https://artsoflife.org/volunteer/ or reach out directly to Catherine at email@example.com.