Volunteer Community Educator Job Description Eastern Iowa
1 person is interested
The job of the Education Program Volunteer Presenter is to deliver community education programs developed by the Alzheimer’s Association, using scripted curricula, PowerPoint presentations and other prepared training materials provided by the Association. All topics are related to Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias as well as the information that affected individuals and families need. Presenters are expected to:
- Successfully complete the Volunteer Presenter Training course, as well as individual preparation for each presentation
- Make themselves available to provide not less than six presentations per year based upon chapter need
- Arrive on time and present all programs for which they volunteer
- Complete all required program records and return them to the chapter program office within one week of the program
- Provide feedback to the chapter concerning any questions or suggestions to promote communication and continuous process improvement
- Refer attendees to the resources and programs of the Alzheimer’s Association as appropriate
- Act at all times as a trusted representative of the Alzheimer’s Association
Education programs may be held at Association offices or at another venue as determined by the needs of the chapter and participants.
In order to fulfill the demands of the role, prospective education program presenters are required to have:
- Effective presentation skills and a strong knowledge of the subject matter to be taught, including familiarization with handout materials
- Ability to present curriculum developed by the Association and commitment to remain faithful to the program content
- A period of co-presentation with another presenter may be required prior to utilization of a presenter for a particular course
- Commitment to continuing education
A course is provided, which includes pre-work, orientation to the Association, observation of the program(s) presented, and the opportunity for structured practice with feedback. New presenters are observed and given constructive feedback. Based on the volunteers’ needs and the resources of the chapter, new presenters may also begin by co-presenting with a mentor. If a volunteer has not presented for an extended time, Chapter staff will assess if the volunteer should attend a refresher training to ensure curriculum familiarity.
We'll work with your schedule.
317 Seventh Ave SE Suite 402Cedar Rapids, IA 52401
- Elder care
- Community Outreach