Disability Mentoring Opportunity (Greater Boston)
7 people are interested
Through both group and one-to-one match relationships, each participant will have the opportunity to develop the skills of self-empowerment and to promote personal achievement and self-identity within a community of other women and men with disabilities. Activities include quarterly community groups as well as a two day overnight retreat in June for a group of participants.
Mentors are individuals with disabilities who are genuinely interested in helping youth and young adults with disabilities succeed in reaching their goals and who are enthusiastic about creating a community of other people with disabilities. Individuals who are resourceful, and will inspire mentees to advocate for themselves to improve their life outcomes will help ensure this program’s success. We aim to instill skills necessary for success as an adult in the areas of employment, education, self-confidence, and interpersonal relationships.
- Be a person with any type of disability
- If you are matched: Communicating with my mentee twice a month at minimum for one calendar year from being matched.
- Act as a resource and guide
- Work closely with staff through phone contact, group meetings, and outings with the mentee
- Serve as an example/role model
- Respect the mentee’s right to self-determination and independence
For more information about both our male and female mentoring programs email us at: email@example.com (508) 751-6417 for more information
We'll work with your schedule.
89 South StreetBoston, MA 02111
- Youth Services
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training