Fundraising Event Specialist I
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Come join the AMAZING Fund Development Team at the American Red Cross, Ohio Buckeye Region!! Be a part of the team who helps to raise funds to support our great programs and to help provide relief in times of disaster.
Fundraising Event Specialists assist the Red Cross development team with fundraising events, tabling at community event and/or public speaking at various locations to increase visibility and understanding of the American Red Cross throughout the Ohio Buckeye Region.
- Attending local events and meetings as a Red Cross representative
- Staffing information tables at corporate giving campaign events and community fairs
- Maintaining an open, friendly and helpful demeanor at events
- Greeting visitors at fundraising events
- Responding to inquiries
- Recording names and contact information of individuals interested in donating or volunteering
- Transporting and setting up Red Cross materials at community and fundraising events
- Assisting at local and regional events
- On-call to assist with disaster fundraising including but no limited to third-party fundraisers
- May assist with planning and organizing fundraising events
- Knowledge of the mission and principles of the American Red Cross
- Good speaking and communication skills
- Comfortable interacting with the public
- Ability to function in a variety of capacities, e.g. consulting, collaborating
- Organizational skills
- Ability to sit or stand for 1-4 hours
- May involve being outdoors in various elements
- Ability to represent the American Red Cross in a consistently positive manner including being punctual and appropriately dressed
- Have reliable transportation
Training is provided at no cost.
If interested you can apply by visiting, https://www.redcross.org/local/ohio/buckeye/volunteer.html, scrolling down the page and clicking on the red "Get Started" button. Just follow the directions from there to complete the application and background check.
For question please contact Rebecca Dungee, Volunteer Recruitment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 614-395-3924.
We'll work with your schedule.
995 E. Broad StColumbus, OH 43205
- Event Design & Planning
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 - 40 hours per month - depending on the number and scope of events that are taking place