16 people are interested
Volunteer Coordinator- Patient & Community Outreach
16 people are interested
***This is a virtual/remote volunteer opportunity*** please fill out application here: www.lls.org/PAvolunteer
Volunteer Coordinator - Patient & Community Outreach
At The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), we're passionate about our mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We fulfill this mission every day by providing information, resources and support to those affected by blood cancers.
LLS Patient & Community Outreach (PCO) volunteers help in so many ways: supporting patients, family members, healthcare professionals, our community; and always setting the standard for compassion and kindness. You can volunteer in your local chapter office, in the community, or from your home.
Join us as a volunteer, and join the cause that’s having the most impact on finding new ways to fight cancer because beating cancer is in our blood. Sign up here: www.lls.org/PAvolunteer.
Position Summary: Processing volunteer applications, and working with Manager to create a cohesive online team.
- Weekly or bi-monthly - coordinating with Manager to send updates to volunteer team, planning for group meetings
- Working closely with manager to screen applications
- Weekly or bi-monthly - processing new applications, updating them in Salesforce,
- Track interactions through Salesforce and setting up volunteer interviews through Outlook
Time commitment: 5-10 hours per month or mutually agreed upon time. Flexible schedule. 6 month commitment preferred.
Location: Remote, must have access to computer, internet, email and phone.
Benefits: You will be working with a team of volunteers helping to support blood cancer patients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy, and professional demeanor
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word and Excel, Outlook, and willingness to learn new software
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience tracking data, corresponding over email
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Connecticut Westchester Hudson Valley Chapter
3 Landmark Square, Suite 330, Stamford, CT 06901, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer. In 2017, LLS volunteers made a significant impact while selflessly dedicating their time and talent to achieve our mission. With countless ways to engage, from fundraising to providing patient support, our volunteers are changing the landscape of cancer. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Connecticut Westchester Hudson Valley Chapter serves the residents of the state of Connecticut as well as the Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess & Putnam counties of New York.
Multiple locations Norwalk, CT 06851
September 7, 2021
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month or mutually agreed upon time. Flexible schedule. 6 month commitment preferred.