Patient & Family Outreach Volunteer
12 people are interested
Patient & Family Outreach Volunteer
You can volunteer in your local chapter office, in the community, or from your home.
At The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), we're passionate about our mission: to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We fulfill this mission every day by providing information, resources and support to those affected by blood cancers.
LLS Patient & Community Outreach (PCO) volunteers help in so many ways: supporting patients, family members, healthcare professionals, our community; and always setting the standard for compassion and kindness. You can volunteer in your local chapter office, in the community, or from your home.
Join us as a volunteer, and join the cause that’s having the most impact on finding new ways to fight cancer because beating cancer is in our blood. Sign up here: www.lls.org/PAvolunteer.
Position Summary: Welcoming newly diagnosed patients and their family members to LLS and providing them with local chapter resources:
- Weekly or bi-monthly - review internal report listing callers and situations
- Weekly or bi-monthly - call patients and family members, inform them about LLS and local chapter resources (script and resources will be provided)
- Track and log calls/email in LLS database
- Update PCO Staff and/or Volunteer Coordinator about follow-ups/next steps/etc.
Time commitment:5-10 hours per month or mutually agreed upon time. Flexible schedule. 6 month commitment preferred.
Location: Local chapter office or remote. If remote, must have access to computer, internet, email and phone.
Benefits: In most cases, you will be the first LLS representative a cancer patient or their familymember talks to locally. You will be an important part of their cancer journey and provide much-needed support and resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills, empathy, and professional demeanor
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new software
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Experience working with cancer patients or in healthcare settings a plus
- Salesforce knowledge a plus
About Leukemia & Lymphoma Society - Connecticut Westchester Hudson Valley Chapter
3 Landmark Square, Suite 330, Stamford, CT 06901, US
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. We work tirelessly to find cures and ensure patients can access the lifesaving treatments they need. When someone experiences the fear and uncertainty of a blood cancer diagnosis, we provide hope, compassion, education and support. Our impact is felt beyond blood cancer. The breakthrough treatments we helped advance for blood cancers are now improving the lives of people affected by many types of cancer.
Volunteers are our partners in the crusade to end cancer. In 2017, LLS volunteers made a significant impact while selflessly dedicating their time and talent to achieve our mission. With countless ways to engage, from fundraising to providing patient support, our volunteers are changing the landscape of cancer. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Connecticut Westchester Hudson Valley Chapter serves the residents of the state of Connecticut as well as the Westchester, Rockland, Orange, Dutchess & Putnam counties of New York.
We'll work with your schedule.
3 Landmark Square, Suite 330Stamford, CT 06901
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5-10 hours per month or mutually agreed upon time. Flexible schedule. 6 month commitment preferred.