Youth Development Specialist: Girls Leadership Academy
3 people are interested
Youth Development Specialist: Girls Leadership Academy Position Description
Uncommon Good (UG) is a Claremont-based non-profit organization that believes that every child, regardless of ethnicity or socio-economic status should have access to a meaningful college education. To bring that vision into reality, the UG’s Connect 2 College Program matches students from 4 th-12 th grade from the Pomona Valley area with mentors who help them envision themselves in college, tutors to help them stay on track, and college access programming to prepare them for college/university.
Girls’ Leadership Academy:
Uncommon Good’s Girls’ Leadership Academy (GLA) provides students in middle school (6 th & 7 th grade) a space to have honest and brave conversations about the their lives, community, and world. As a leadership and support group, students participating in GLA workshops develop their critical thinking, establish healthy relationships and embrace challenges. Together we harness and foment the skills, knowledge and opportunities needed for young women to maximize their authentic potential in their home, school and community.
- Work closely and attend regular meetings with the GLA Advisor to plan, prepare and execute GLA workshops and related activities/events.
- Co-facilitate bi-monthly GLA workshops for 6 th-7 th grade Uncommon Good students.
- Mentor, track students’ progress and develop strategies to address any areas for further support.
- Experience working with youth; group facilitation experience
- Experience working one-on-one with middle school and/or high school aged students
- Excellent demonstrated skills in communication, presentation and time management
- Ability to encourage students to express their feelings, discuss what is happening in their lives, and support them as they develop insight into themselves and their relationships
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize and complete projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to relate to and interact with students from diverse backgrounds
- Must be enthusiastic, possess a strong work ethic, be able to work independently and as part of a team, and serve as a positive role model for students
- Ability to read, write and speak Spanish is a plus
- Willing and able to attend meetings at Uncommon Good office
- Demonstrated belief in Uncommon Good’s mission and values
To apply send resume & cover letter to Carolina Vallejo at email@example.com (subject: Youth Development Specialist: Girls’ Leadership Academy)
211 West Foothill BlvdClaremont, CA 91711
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Visual Arts
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training