Outdoor Work Party - Lead Volunteer
4 people are interested
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California is looking for an Outdoor Work Party - Lead Volunteer. The Lead will work with the other Lead volunteer at the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House once a month to lead groups of volunteers to complete landscape and maintenance duties.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Landscape or maintain grounds of property using equipment such as hand or power tools
- Directing and assisting volunteers to their assigned tasks
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning shears, saws, hedge trimmers, and axes
- Supervise volunteer use of gardening tools for sweeping, weeding, trimming
- Trim, dead-head flowers, and clean flowerbeds
- Provide regular upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, and other grounds features
- Will oversee groups of volunteers
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong work ethic
- Communication skills
- Familiarity with landscaping and gardening
- Ability to lift/carry 15-20 pounds and can bend, squat, kneel and reach below knee
- Pass a Live Scan background check
- Able to provide TB test clearance
- Able to commit to six months of service or longer
- Every first Saturday of the month except for when it rains
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northern California
2555 49th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, US
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting programs that improve the lives of children and their families by supporting the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House and Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, a non-profit, 501 (c) (3), supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
In 1998 the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House opened its doors providing a 'home away from home' for families who have children age 0-18 being treated in one of the five Sacramento-area hospitals; UC Davis Medical Center, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Mercy, Kaiser, and Sutter Medical Center. Since then, the 20-bedroom facility has provided affordable, temporary housing for approximately 13,000 families who have traveled from all across the United States as well as countries around the world in order to provide their child with the best medical treatment available.
Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake
Camp Ronald McDonald opened in 1992 under the umbrella of Eagle Lake Children's Charities. In 1997, Eagle Lake Children's Charity merged with the McDonald's cooperative of owner/operators in Northern California to form Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California and became known as Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake. Built on the edge of Eagle Lake near Susanville, CA, Camp Ronald McDonald sits on 35 acres of land where approximately 1,000 campers with special needs are welcomed each summer. The mission of Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake is to provide confidence-building experiences and programs that are designed to encourage each camper's individuality through the challenges of outdoor group living and teamwork in a supportive environment. An array of programs are offered and adapted to meet the individual needs of each camper. The staff includes experienced and well trained specialists in the fields of drama, arts and crafts, outdoor education, nutrition education, sports and waterfront activities.
We'll work with your schedule.
Ronald McDonald House2555 49th StreetSacramento, CA 95817
- Habitat Restoration
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Once a month. Every first Saturday of the month except for when it rains.