Feed The Need - Canteen Team Members
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Weekly, The Salvation Army feeds the community from our disaster food canteen. The Feed The Need Program starts back up in March and we need teams of 4 for each evening of service. We feed on Thursday evenings. Team member positions are: driver, meal planner, canteen team leader and ESC specialist.
All team members must take a course in Intro to Disaster Preparedness (online or in person), Safe From Harm (working with minors) and ServSafe (food handling)....all courses are provided free as part of The Salvation Army Disaster Services Program.
Program will run Mid March until Thanksgiving. We are asking for each volunteer to be available one Thursday evening per month.
Come join us now .... serve those in need .... with the additional advantage of becoming disaster trained and ready.
We'll work with your schedule.
2410 Allen Rd.Tallahassee, FL 32312
- Cooking / Catering
- Truck Driving
- Disaster Response
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- One Thursday evening per month from 4 PM until 8 PM
- Courses to be taken: (1) Intro To Disaster Preparedness (online or in person) (2) ServSafe (3) Safe From Harm. All courses are offered free by The Salvation Army.