Child Advocates of Placer County Board of Directors
57 people are interested
The Mission of Child Advocates of Placer County is to be the bridge between the most vulnerable in our community and volunteers who make a difference. We do this through two volunteer-driven programs:
1) Placer CASA, which assigns Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) to children in foster care, and
2) Placer Mentors, which assigns volunteer Mentors to at-risk youth (ages 8 to 18) and former foster youth (ages 18 to 24) who are transitioning into adulthood without family support.Board duties are fairly typical of other non-profits, and include organizational governance, financial oversight and fund raising. Board meetings occur every other month, with committees meeting in between. Meetings also include an annual board retreat in June to review and update our Strategic Plan, elect officers and form committees for the fiscal year.
About Child Advocates of Placer County
3715 Atherton Rd. Suite 1, Rocklin, CA 95765, US
Our mission is to be the bridge between the most vulnerable in our community and volunteers who want to make a difference.
We serve our community through three volunteer-driven programs:
1) Placer CASA, which trains and assigns volunteers to be Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASAs) who then serve children in foster care, ensuring that they have a voice in the courtroom and their needs are met,
2) Placer Mentors, which assigns volunteer Mentors to at-risk youth (ages 8-18) and former foster youth (ages 18-24) who are transitioning into adulthood without families to help support them, and to parents who are struggling to maintain their families, and
3) Prosper Placer, which, in collaboration with local area churches, helps working families who are living below the poverty level find financial prosperity.
We'll work with your schedule.
3715 Atherton Rd. Suite 1Rocklin, CA 95765
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- About 4 hours a month