Love kids? Help out at Duckling Day - world's most adorable event!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
12 people are interested
Duckling Day is the most adorable Mother's Day tradition in Boston - and YOU can be part of our volunteer team!
A beloved tradition for more than 30 years, Duckling Day celebrates the children’s classic book, "Make Way for Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey. Every year, over 1,000 people meet up and parade through Boston’s most picturesque parks, dressed like characters from the story. Led by the Harvard Marching Band, the parade will begin on the Boston Common at the Parkman Bandstand and end in the Public Garden near the famous Make Way for Ducklings sculptures. Bring your camera - the parade is possibly the most adorable thing you’ll ever see! The event is a benefit for the nonprofit Friends of the Public Garden.
The volunteer shifts will be roughly: 7:30 - 11:00 AM or 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM.
Our most specific need is facepainting volunteers for our facepainting booth (this is for the second shift). We have a whole set of simple design templates so the kids aren’t allowed to make you do something really complicated
If you have no interest in facepainting, never fear! There's lots of fun tasks - the biggest is check-in/registration, but there's plenty of other jobs too! Once I know your time preference I'll mark that down, and then I'll work with you to find a volunteer role that suits your interests!
About the event:
- Duckling Day: May 12 th, 2019 (Mother’s Day)
- Hosted by The Friends of the Public Garden
- Volunteer shifts: 7:30 - 11:00 AM or 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
- Parkman Bandstand, Boston Common (MBTA Park Street or Boylston)
- More info: www.friendsofthepublicgarden.org/duckling-day
- Contact: email@example.com
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
Boston CommonParkman BandstandBoston, MA 02111
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- The volunteer shifts will be roughly: 7:30 - 11:00 AM or 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM. So, each will be 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Volunteers should be cheerful and friendly and not mind being around large groups of people. We can accommodate many types of abilities; sidewalks can be uneven and there is some areas of somewhat rooty terrain in our part of the Common.