Summary: Classroom Assistant will help program director with moving heavier items around classrooms, maintaining a clean environment, and preparing for classes and special projects. Classroom Assistant will be able to observe classroom while providing more time for instructors to focus on student learning.
Estimated Time Commitment: Classroom Assistant volunteer will commit to volunteering for two hours twice a month on Wednesday or Friday afternoons between 2 and 4 pm.
- Some high school or GED
- Should be able to use computers and copiers
- Should be interested in adult education and working behind the scenes
- Should be able to follow directions and flexible in performing a variety of tasks
- Should be able to lift boxes weighing up to 50 pounds
- Clean and organize book and supply storage cabinets,
- Help move boxes weighing up to 50 pounds around classroom
- Make copies and prepare materials for class
- Wipe down tables and computers
- Light administrative tasks and data entry,
- Special projects include assembling binders and portfolios
We'll work with your schedule.
1011 Center StreetMilwaukee, WI 53206
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Adult Education
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours per month for 6 months