Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Dallas Great Strides 2020
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
15 people are interested
For more than 30 years, Great Strides - the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s largest national fundraising event - has supported the Foundation’s mission to cure cystic fibrosis and raise awareness for this rare, genetic, life-shortening disease that makes it difficult to breathe and shortens lives.
We are looking for volunteers for shifts between the hours of 6:00AM - 1:00PM on Saturday, May 16th at Vitruvian Park in Addison, TX. Shifts will include event management tasks such as setup, registration, handing out t-shirts, managing parking, and tear down.
A Sign-up Genius will be sent to those interested at a later date to choose a task.
Thank you! I hope you will join us in making strides towards a cure!
About Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Northeast Texas Chapter
4040 N Central Expressway, Suite 810, Dallas, TX 75204, US
The mission of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with the disease the opportunity to lead full, productive lives by funding research and drug development, promoting individualized treatment, and ensuring access to high-quality, specialized care. We will not rest until we find a cure for all people with cystic fibrosis.
The Northeast Texas Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation welcomes you! Volunteers are the key to our success and the lifeblood of our organization. We have many opportunities for you to get involved. Your participation in any way will help us achieve our mission - finding a cure for all people with CF. A few decades ago, most people with CF didn't live long enough to attend elementary school. Today, people with the disease are graduating from high school and college, pursuing careers, getting married, and starting families of their own.
- The life expectancy of someone born with CF has doubled in the last 30 years. Today, many people with CF are living into their 30s, 40s, and beyond.
- Nearly every CF drug currently available was made possible through Foundation support.
- Once considered exclusively a childhood disease, approximately half of all people living with CF today are over the age of 18.
Vitruvian Park3966 Vitruvian WayAddison, TX 75001
April 2, 2020
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- We recommend volunteers committing to at least 2 hour shifts, between 6am and 1pm. Thank you!