Houston Walk to End Alz Planning Committee roles
9 people are interested
Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, the Alzheimer's Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s(r) is the world’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. This inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to join the fight against the disease! Join your local Walk to End Alzheimer's Planning Committee and help grow the movement to end Alzheimer's from the ground up. Monthly committee meetings start in March. Meeting locations, regular dates & times may change based on schedule of members.
Sponsorship Committee: "The Salesperson"
The Sponsorship Subcommittee is responsible for identifying opportunities to engage the business community in the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association by sponsoring the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
· Solicit new walk sponsors
· Strengthen relationship with existing sponsors
· Ensure all sponsorship benefits have been fulfilled throughout the year
· Provide an exceptional experience for our sponsors on Walk Day
Personal Attributes: well-connected in the business community, comfortable making pitches and presentations and someone who is not afraid to ask for large sums of money
Team Recruitment: "The Networker"
The Team Recruitment Subcommittee will be responsible for recruitment of new Walk teams through the Corporate Team Kickoff event. This committee will recruit new teams from all sectors of the community with a focus on Corporate Teams and provide fundraising guidance to new Team Captains.
· Plan and execute a successful Corporate Team Kickoff two months prior to Walk Day
· Recruit table hosts for the Corporate Team Kickoff from all sectors of the community
· Coach table hosts to fill a table of 8-10 people at the Kickoff with prospective team captains within their network
Personal Attributes: well-connected in their community or industry, always meeting new people and not afraid to ask others to join the cause
Team Retention: "The Relationship Manager"
The Team Retention Subcommittee will be responsible for retaining prior Walk teams. This committee will work year-round on team retention strategies including planning and executing the Past Team Registration Event and Walk Celebration Party.
· Execute the Team Captain Engagement Plan to welcome, thank and touch base with our Team Captains
· Send team touches to make our Team Captains feel special and appreciated
· Plan and execute the Past Team Registration Event and Walk Celebration Party
Personal Attributes: willing to connect with new people, loves talking on the phone and has a friendly and sincere attitude.
Marketing & Outreach: "The Promoter"
The Marketing and Outreach Subcommittee is responsible for creating awareness of the disease through the promotion of Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
· Build public awareness of Walk through local media outlets and social media
· Deliver brochures and posters to local businesses and community spaces
· Seek and seize creative, grassroots marketing opportunities
Personal Attributes: knowledge of local media outlets, excellent oral and written communication and creative thinking skills.
AIM-Advocacy: "The Campaigner"
The AIM-Advocacy Subcommittee is responsible for recruiting new AIM members and advocates from all sectors of the community.
· Recruit 50% of the Walk Planning Committee to join AIM
· Participate in AIM’s "Power or 10" Challenge
· Recruit advocates and AIM members on Walk Day
Personal Attributes: current active advocate, familiarity with public policy initiatives and AIM’s legislative priorities, not afraid to make an ask and get others involved.
Mission: "The Ambassador"
The Mission Subcommittee is responsible for connecting the community and participants to the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association.
· Present Mission moments at all committee meetings and wrap-around events
· Lead the Champions and Grand Champions Club program
· Promote core mission elements on Walk Day including TrialMatch, Programs and Support and the Promise Garden
Personal Attributes: strong passion and personal connection to the disease, may have benefited from the programs and support of the Alzheimer’s Association and can inspire others through storytelling and sharing.
Logistics: "The Event Planner"
The Logistics Subcommittee is responsible for ensuring all event day components are well-planned and that participants have an excellent event experience at Walk to End Alzheimer’s, from the parking lot to the finish line.
· Designing and planning event festivities area, start/finish line area and Walk route
· Coordinating the stage program and event entertainment
· Recruiting, training and managing event day volunteers
Personal Attributes: great attention to detail, excellent project and time management skills, the ability to creatively solve problems and can remain calm and collected under pressure.
We'll work with your schedule.
University of Houston Lynn Eusan Park4800 Calhoun RoadHouston, TX 77004
- Sales Marketing
- Sales Coaching & Training
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Event Planning / Management
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- time commitment is up to 20 hours per month; the Houston Walk to End Alzheimer's is in November 2019