Help a visually-impaired family in Marlborough (car needed)
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Do you live in or around Marlborough? Are you interested in making a difference in the life of a blind family in your neighborhood? Do you have a car you'd be willing to use to help with errands and activities?
As a part of MABVI’s Volunteers for Vision program, you’ll assist a blind family (interacting with just the parents, though you'll help the whole family!) by assisting them to run errands, go shopping and read.
Please note that while a car is needed for this opportunity, we have other listings available that do not require a car, just ask us!
Why Volunteer with MABVI?
- 90% of our current volunteers feel they are doing significant work
- 98% of our volunteers say volunteering with us gives them a sense of accomplishment
- 99% would recommend the volunteer program to their family and friends
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience working with people with sight loss
- A sense of achievement
- A new friend
What skills and experience are needed?
- An easy-to-understand voice
- Good communication skills
- The ability to treat information confidentially
- Patience and a good sense of humor!
What support will be given?
- One-time volunteer training in our Brookline Office
- Support and guidance from our staff
- Volunteer events throughout the year
When will you be needed?
Once a week or biweekly for about two hours for each session.
We'll work with your schedule.
Opportunities throughout MAMarlborough, MA 01752
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours a week or biweekly; we're flexible!