Lead Wags Club Volunteer
20 people are interested
The Lead Wags Club Volunteer is responsible for the supporting staff with the care of all dogs at the Wags & Walks adoption center. The Lead Wags Club Volunteer must be willing to work closely with other volunteers, staff and the public. At times when staffing is limited or special assistance is needed, the Lead Wags Club Volunteer may be asked to take on key responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, daily feeding, medicating, walking dogs and cleaning of all animal kennels and shared areas. This role requires a person who can remain calm under pressure and effectively multitask, prioritize and communicate. This position is perfect for someone who want hands on dog experience plus enjoy working with people.
● Following cleaning, feeding and watering protocols to maintain the health of the animals.
● Responsible for ensuring the checklist items are done on a daily basis as assigned.
● Communicating any observed animal health and/or behavioral changes to the Adoption
Center Manager and Animal Care Manager.
● Keeps the facility clean, safe, organized, sanitary, presentable and stocked with supplies.
● Supervise and train volunteers to ensure they are following W&W protocols and
● Ensures all dogs are walked every 4 hours at a minimum.
● Clean soiled kennels and deep clean when turning over for new resident.
● Make sure laundry is getting done and organized daily.
● Keep boards updated in real time.
● Transport dogs to and from the vet as needed.
● Assist with weekly dog intake.
● Ensures that all dogs have properly fitted collar, leash, have kennel card and proper bedding.
● Provide basic grooming such as baths, brushing, ear and eye clean up.
● Bonus points for those willing to work weekends and holidays.
● Passion for animals and animal welfare.
● Works well and communicates effectively with the public, staff and volunteers.
● Flexibility and ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a dynamic, team
● Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
● Kindness to both animals and people
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
● Positive attitude and desire to instill same in others.
● Willing to dress professional in Wags shirt or badge.
● Ability to represent the values of W&W by working in a culturally diverse environment and
community in a way that fosters understanding and compassion.
Qualifications & Skills
● Prior experience in an animal-care preferred (either professionally or on a volunteer basis)=
● Strong knowledge and experience with dog behavior including but not limited to basic
obedience, dog to dog communication, healthy body language and signs of distress.
● Comfortable and confident observing, detecting, communicating medical concerns and
administering medications orally and/or topically.
● Able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
● Be willing to work in an active environments with long periods of time walking or standing.
About Wags and Walks
2236 Federal Ave, LOS ANGELES, CA 90064, US
Wags and Walks is dedicated to rescuing family-friendly dogs from shelters, and finding them safe and suitable permanent homes through adoption, advocacy and education.
By working with committed volunteers, foster homes, veterinarians, and trainers, we are able to rescue hundreds of dogs every year and provide them with loving temporary care while finding them well-matched, carefully screened forever homes.
We'll work with your schedule.
2236 Federal AveLos Angeles, CA 90064
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteer shifts are broken down into 2 hour increments every day of the week from 6am-6pm.