PFLAG Asheville - Board Positions
4 people are interested
PFLAG Asheville has a rewarding opportunity for individuals to serve on the Board of the local Asheville chapter of PFLAG, promoting support, education and advocacy for LGBTQ persons and their families. This is a NEW chapter as of 2019 and there are plenty of exciting opportunities for us to make a difference!
Our Executive Board is seeking to add additional board members so that we may accomplish more within our community, and have more of a team and committee-based project style. We are looking for individuals of various capabilities and strengths to join us. Help us shape what this next year will look like for PFLAG Asheville! How can you help us make a difference?
This is a one-year appointment, dependent on being interviewed and voted in by the current Executive Board. The Board Member At Large would have voting rights on Board business and initiatives
Board Members shall:
- Be required to attend monthly Board meetings the first Tuesday of each month from 6:00pm-7:30pm and encouraged to attend monthly public/community support meetings the second Wednesday of each month from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This equates to 3.5 hours per month in person, plus additional time as needed at home/on your own computer depending on what initiatives you are involved in. Board meetings are mandatory (except for emergencies) and your attendance will help ensure productivity, success in our initiatives, and aids in fostering a fun teamwork environment. Attendance at support meetings is encouraged but not mandatory.
- Help at tabling events at local venues, festivals, etc. as available.
- Be adept with technology, particularly Google Docs/G-Suite, and E-mail.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work with a variety of personalities with respect and dignity, and a smile :)
- Have the belief that ALL humans are deserving of love and respect.
About PFLAG ASHEVILLE CHAPTER INC.
PO Box 1187, Asheville, NC 28802, US
Support, education and advocacy for LGBTQ persons and their families.
Support, education and advocacy for LGBTQ persons and their families. Monthly peer support groups and educational events.
We'll work with your schedule.
20 Oak StreetAsheville, NC 28801
- Administrative Support
- People Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 4 - 12hours per month depending on position and initiatives involved in.