Theatre Production Stage Manager & Assistant Stage Manager
Golden Ticket Productions is looking for a Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager for our upcoming musical production in August 2019.
The Stage Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of rehearsals and performances. He/she will organize people and paperwork, take general, blocking and line notes during rehearsals, help organize costume fittings, prop lists, and other pertinent show data and run both rehearsals and performances. Must be highly organized, leaders, detail oriented, and calm under pressure. The Assistant Stage Manager will help the Stage Manager perform all required duties.
- Work collaboratively with the director and designers to fulfill the vision and concept of the production.
- Attend required production meetings and some rehearsals.
- Maintain an accurate production prompt book with blocking, cues, and notes.
- Call the show. Facilitate communication between designers and directors.
- Facility care including preparing performance venue before the start of each day, returning space to neutral, and assuming responsibility for safety and maintenance of building on performance dates.
- Check in actors; take role, make phone calls when necessary.
- Supervise tech rehearsals. Be on site for all performances; respond to emergencies and problems with maturity and intelligence. Be the first to arrive and the last to leave all rehearsals and performances.
- Report all incidents and emergencies to GTP staff.
- Attend and supervise strike.
- Communicate and enforce GTP and facility’s expectations of behavior.
- Pursuit or intent to pursue an undergraduate degree in stage management or related field
- Experience Stage Managing or Assistant Stage Managing one or more shows
- Working knowledge of professional theatre producing practices and personnel management
- Working knowledge of professional theatrical costume and craft construction techniques
- Exercise good judgment and discretion.
- Flexibility in projects and schedules.
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and according to schedule.
- Ability to work independently and to maintain a positive atmosphere.
- Attend some final run-through rehearsals in early August, evenings
- Tech week: August 12-15, evenings
- Performances: August 16 (evening), 17 (evening), 18 (matinee), 23 (evening), 24 (evening), 25 (evening)
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
If seeking college credit, we will be happy to provide you with any references/letters of recommendation, as well as complete any required paperwork for course credit. You'll be working with a knowledgeable, engaging production staff who are passionate about bringing shows to life on stage. You'll learn a lot and have a ton of fun along the way!
150 E Wood StPalatine, IL 60067
- Theater Arts
- Stage Management
- See description. Must be able to attend ALL tech rehearsals and performances.