7 people are interested
Help respond to disasters! Join our local Disaster Action Team - Johnson County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - North Texas Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
7 people are interested
The American Red Cross responds to a disaster every 8 minutes. The majority of these disaster responses are home fires or other local emergencies to which Disaster Action Team volunteers respond. Local teams are ready when the need arises as they are the first line to provide care, comfort and compassion. Help the Red Cross respond in your community as a Disaster Action Team member.
Watch this YouTube video for a glimpse into the life of an American Red Cross Disaster Action Team member. Learn more at: http://www.redcross.org/dat
As a Disaster Action Team (DAT) Member, you will:
- Providing timely response to disasters and assist those affected.
- Choose your own "on-call" hours as it fits your schedule. Most DAT volunteers respond to two disasters per month.
- Serve and respond with a team of at least two or more.
- Be ready to respond through free Red Cross training and team support.
- Meet new people in your community as you serve the immediate needs of others in times of disaster.
40 More opportunities with American Red Cross - North Texas Region7 Reviews
About American Red Cross - North Texas Region
2550 Kendall Drive, Dallas, TX 75235, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member or providing blood to hospitals, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Burleson, TX 76028
April 21, 2023
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers are on-call to respond to local emergencies when available.
- Online and in-person training provided.