16 people are interested
Position Description: Classroom volunteers support teaching staff in a pre-school setting that focuses on therapeutic care for infants, toddlers and preschoolers in King County.
- Broadway Branch
Seattle, WA 98122-5325
- Patrick L. Gogerty Branch
1345 22nd Street NE
Auburn, WA 98002-3442
- Therapeutic Classroom Teachers, Early Learning Branch Manager, Volunteer Coordinator
- Cooperate with Therapeutic Classroom Teachers to maintain the scheduled curriculum in the classroom.
- Be a positive role model for the children.
- Give children one-on-one attention in a supervised setting, never being alone with a child.
- Participate in the planned classroom activities.
- Follow Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Flexibility, patience, ability to work with young children.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Commit to at least 2-hour time block per week during 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM Monday - Friday for a minimum of 6 months. Childhaven strives to provide a stable environment in the classrooms for the children.
- Attend a volunteer orientation and complete required paperwork.
- Proof of a TB test, within last two years.
- Obtain a qualified Portable Background Check. Fees for both the Portable Background Check and Fingerprints will apply and be the responsibility of the volunteer.
Training and Supervision:
- Volunteer orientation and provided resources
- Supervision in classroom
- Learn about childhood development from a hands-on approach.
- Appropriate social service/community service credit as needed.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
316 BroadwaySeattleSeattle, WA 98122
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to at least 2-hour time block per week during 9:30 AM – 2:30 PM Monday – Friday for a minimum of 6 months. Childhaven strives to provide a stable environment in the classrooms for the children.
- o Attend a volunteer orientation and complete required paperwork. o Proof of a TB test, within last two years. o Obtain a qualified Portable Background Check.