17 people are interested
Position Description: Classroom volunteers support teaching staff in a early learning setting that focuses on therapeutic care for infants, toddlers and preschoolers.
Patrick L. Gogerty Branch
1345 22nd Street NE
Auburn, WA 98002-3442
- Therapeutic Classroom Teachers, Early Learning Branch Manager, Volunteer Coordinator
- Cooperate with Therapeutic Classroom Teachers to maintain the scheduled curriculum in the classroom.
- Be a positive role model for the children.
- Give children one-on-one attention in a supervised setting, never being alone with a child.
- Participate in the planned classroom activities.
- Follow Childhaven policies and procedures.
- Treat agency staff and clients with courtesy and respect.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Flexibility, patience, ability to work with young children.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
- Commit to at least 2-hour time block per week during 9:30 AM - 3:30 PM, Monday - Friday for a minimum of 6 months. Childhaven strives to provide a stable environment in the classrooms for the children.
- Attend a volunteer orientation and complete required paperwork.
- Proof of a TB test, within last two years.
- Obtain a qualified Portable Background Check. Fees for both the Portable Background Check and Fingerprints will apply and be the responsibility of the volunteer.
Training and Supervision:
- Volunteer orientation and provided resources
- Supervision in classroom
- Learn about childhood development from a hands-on approach.
316 Broadway, Seattle, WA 98122, US
Where hope grows and families flourish. We partner with parents and community to strengthen families, prevent childhood trauma and its damaging effects, and prepare children for a lifetime of well-being. All children are safe and healthy; flourishing physically, socially, emotionally, and educationally; well-nurtured by family and community.
Childhaven offers early learning, early intervention and outpatient mental health services to children and families in King County. We believe in the effectiveness of interdisciplinary care that respects ongoing family needs and voice. Everyone on our team collaborates in partnership with the families they serve to ensure positive outcomes that are individualized and culturally relevant.
We'll work with your schedule.
1345 22nd Street NEAuburn, WA 98002
- Youth Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Child Development
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Commit to at least 2-hour time block per week during 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM Monday – Friday for a minimum of 6 months. Childhaven strives to provide a stable environment in the classrooms for the children.
- o Attend a volunteer orientation and complete required paperwork. o Proof of a TB test, within last two years. o Obtain a qualified Portable Background Check.