Are you a Licensed Behavioral Healthcare Practitioner who wants to make a difference-Twin Falls
Are you a Licensed Behavioral Healthcare Practitioner who wants to make a difference in your military community?
If so, we invite you to join our team of outstanding mental health professionals as a Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) Resiliency Mental Health Facilitator volunteer!
Red Cross SAF Mental Health Facilitator volunteers provide psycho-educational workshops to service members, families, and veterans experiencing challenges related to military life. This position provides the unique opportunity to make a difference by teaching complementary and integrative healing strategies to veterans and/or military families to foster personal wellness and stress management.
Benefits of volunteering with the American Red Cross Service to the Armed Forces include:
- Have fun and meet new people
- Receive training and support
- Get to know the community
- Gain career experience and learn new skills
Professional development opportunities include:
- Attend an all-expenses-paid, CE-credit-approved Red Cross Facilitator training session
- Training is approved for CE credit from the National Board of Certified Counselors and National Association of Social Workers (CE certificates will be withheld until volunteers facilitate one adult and one child workshop)
- Work independently or with a team
- Remain clinically active for professional licensing
Interested? Contact IDMT.Recruiting@redcross.org to find out more!
About American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
253 4th Ave NTwin Falls, ID 83301
- Family Therapy
- Mental Health
- Veteran Care
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- • Independently state-licensed Behavioral Health professional or other Health Care professional with behavioral health training and experience required • Experience personally or professionally working with the military community preferred