Cincinnati: Want to support people affected by eating disorders? Be a Project HEAL Chapter Leader!
DONATE TO THIS
5 people are interested
Project HEAL is seeking 1-2 warm, friendly, and passionate volunteers in the Cincinnati area to start a new community-based Project HEAL Chapter and to join their executive board as the Chapter Leaders.
Some of the primary responsibilities involved with this role are:
- Recruit and oversee volunteers (e.g. support volunteer coordinator to keep chapter members engaged)
- Build capacity among volunteers (e.g. team building activities, regular meetings, etc)
- Organize fundraising initiatives
- Lead chapter participation in national campaigns
- Facilitate chapter’s monthly meetings
- Network with local stakeholders
- Collaborate with local businesses in various fundraising and educational efforts
- May assist with some local grant application submissions for Chapter funding
- Work with national staff to complete training's and conduct a local needs assessment (precursor to launching one of Project HEAL's programs in Portland; i.e. our peer-support programs, Communities of HEALing or our Treatment Access Program)
All Chapter executive board positions require a 1-year commitment from volunteers. Additionally, this role requires approximately 10 hours per week; specific times for when this role is completed can be somewhat flexible.
This is a great opportunity for anyone in Cincinnati with an interest in helping people affected by eating disorders and body image issues, as well as in gaining additional leadership experience. Project HEAL is very excited to expand our Cincinnati presence beyond the University of Cincinnati and with the help of our incredible volunteers, we'll be able to bring needed resources to the local community.
We'll work with your schedule.
In the Cincinnati AreaCincinnati, OH 45220
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10 hours per week/1-year