ChickTech Robotics Bootcamp Logistics Manager
ChickTech Robotics Bootcamp for Girls:
ChickTech and ORTOP (Oregon Robotics Tournament & Outreach Program) are partnering for the second annual Robotics Bootcamp for Girls! We want YOU to be a part of our team.
Do you have experience with robotics programs, technical expertise, event planning, or simply love working with youth? Attend our upcoming information session to learn about how you can give back to the Portland community as a robotics bootcamp volunteer.
The camp will be held in July and will be peer-led with the guidance of amazing mentors and volunteers such as yourselves. All genders are welcome and encouraged to volunteer! The goal of the camp is to boost the expertise and confidence of middle school and high school girls (along with trans, non-binary, and gender-fluid youth) in order to increase gender equality in FIRST Robotics.
All volunteers are required to attend our Volunteer Info Session. The Info Session will be held on Wednesday, February 27th from 5:30-7:30 at Autodesk's SE office. Please RSVP for the Volunteer Info Session here: https://impactflow.com/event/chicktech-and-ortop-robotics-bootcamp-info-session-10068
Ensure that the camp operations run smoothly. This includes working with the venue around tours and space, ordering food, coordinating swag, printing items, and coordinating transportation if necessary.
- Attend competition at Liberty High School and pass out flyers to girls and mentors
- Look for additional places to advertise the ChickTech Bootcamp
- Go to venue and meet with venue coordinator to discuss bootcamp locations on campus
- Gather information on possible open classrooms and storage locations
- Locate where in-person meetings will be held and reserve locations
- Attend in-person meetings
- Start scheduling rooms based on project ideas
- Finalize room locations
- Create lunch list, snack list, prices, and transportation
- Finalize and pre-order lunch for all days.
- Prepare list for Costco/pre-order food for pickup just before bootcamp
- Verify materials from Activities Coordinator will get to site and finalize a storage location
July - Bootcamp week
- Go through a run through with coordinators and managers and assist as needed.
- Help assist with rooms and storage
- Help assist volunteers to pick up, setup, and teardown lunch each day.
- Verify each student has a ride home at the end of the day.
PortlandPortland, OR 97205
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Administrative Support
- Event Planning / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination