Disaster Action Team: Carver County
DONATE TO THIS
6 people are interested
- Purpose: Train to become a Disaster Action Team (DAT) Member. Once trained you will respond to local disasters, most often house or apartment fires. DAT Trainees will respond to local disasters providing immediate on-scene response to local and large-scale disasters with an experienced DAT Member.
- Disaster Action Teams provide 24-hour emergency response to local disasters, particularly house fires, ensuring that those affected have access to resources for basic necessities such as food, shelter and clothing.
- Become familiar with the policies, regulations and procedures for local disaster response and service.
- After training is complete: DAT Trainee promptly responds to local disasters when on-call.
- Collaborates with DAT Duty Officer on phone.
- Accurately and thoroughly complete field paperwork during responses.
- Attends regular team meetings and trainings
- Time Commitment:
- Sign-up for 4 on-call shifts per month. Shifts are 6am-Noon, Noon-6pm, 6pm-Midnight and Midnight-6am.
Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross
Be able to follow region/chapter and current Red Cross disaster guidance
18 years of age or older
Access to reliable vehicle (mileage is not reimbursed) transportation; valid driver's license
Access to reliable cell phone
Ability to work under adverse conditions
Ability to record information clearly, accurately, and thoroughly
Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- DAT Trainees- Approximately 6 hours of online and in-person training. Trainees will need a minimum of 3 DAT responses before they are moved up to a DAT Responder.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-871-7676.
About American Red Cross - Minnesota Region
1201 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN 55454, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's providing care and comfort to one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, an ill or injured service member or veteran, or support to a military family, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Carver CountyVolunteers serve in their county of residenceChaska, MN 55318
- Customer Service
- Disaster Response
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Flexible, 4 shifts per month