Habitat for Humanity ReStore Cashier Sub
Reports to: ReStore Manager and staff
Summary: ReStore Cashiers play a direct role in creating a positive shopping experience for the customers from the minute they walk into the door to the moment they leave. Cashiers greet new shoppers, answer phones and provide assistance to customers who are ready to purchase their items in an efficient and friendly manner.
Time Commitment: Cashiers are expected to have consistent attendance. They work a four-hour shift from 9-1 or 1-5 Wednesday through Saturday, typically on a weekly basis. There are also flexible opportunities for cashier subs.
- Meet and greet customers as they enter and exit the ReStore
- Collect and process cash and credit card purchases
- Provide assistance to customers, answer questions and direct customers to the appropriate area of the ReStore
- Answer and process phone calls as needed
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of cash counter and surrounding area
- Train and assist cashier volunteers when needed
- Maintain bag and wrapping paper supplies at counter, notify manager of low supplies
- Wrap, bag and and/or box purchased items for the customers
- Assist customers with items in the locked cabinets, supervise and lock up when done (always keep the key in the hand of the volunteer-NOT the customer)
- Accommodate customer needs with 'on hold’ forms and 'still shopping’ stickers and help customers move items to the appropriate area of the ReStore
- Stock ReStore materials (Donation forms, tax exempt sheets and hold slips)
- Comfortable handling money and operating cash register
- Able to stay on feet for a four hour shift
- Friendly and have a helpful personality
- Familiar working a cash register or willing to learn
- Excited to interact with people from all different backgrounds
All volunteers are required to sign a Release and Waiver of Liability annually. This should be done before any volunteer work begins. Copies of this form can be found in the office.
We'll work with your schedule.
3040 County Road 10Canandaigua, NY 14424
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Time Commitment: Cashiers are expected to have consistent attendance. They work a four-hour shift from 9-1 or 1-5 Wednesday through Saturday, typically on a weekly basis. There are many flexible opportunities for cashier subs.