- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
Poppy Life Care is a United States non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that is determined to educate and empower children and their parents living with children’s health issues related to spectrum disorders, development disorders, ADHD, anxiety and depression. Our goal is to facilitate awareness and education while building innovative care programs, which we hope to accomplish alongside our local communities, its businesses and people. We believe in helping each other as part of an ecosystem of local business, healthcare groups, academic institutions and professionals alike.
"Empowering the Next Generation"
Not only are we passionate about what we do, but WHY we do it, which is to help children and their families that are living with spectrum disorders, ADHD, anxiety, depression and more. We want to do our part in changing their quality of life for the better.
We believe that we can make a real impact on children's health by implementing unique care programs that include an interdisciplinary approach to education, treatment and therapies. We also believe that care, education, and support for children and their families should be easily accessible.
We are very passionate about what we are doing and looking for people that want to help make a positive impact in our communities!
More About the Company:
At Poppy Life Care we care about people and strive to create environments that empower people and ideas.
We are paving the way to education and care programs and looking for candidates that want to join us in making a difference! Candidates should excel in fast paced environments, express a willingness to learn, be passionate about what they do and ideally have a strong background in education, business, non-profits, or startups. We are rapidly growing and have unique opportunities available.
Check us out at www.poppylifecare.org!
This is an excellent opportunity for college students and recent graduates who have completed their degree and are seeking to gain real world experience, or for anyone looking to make a difference in children’s lives. Obtain valuable personal and professional experience in marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, social media, graphic design, community relations or related fields.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, one or more of the following projects that support Poppy Life Care efforts:
- Ensure fulfillment of donations and subsequent recognition benefits.
- Work closely with Executive team and others to build a successful fundraising program that will diversify funding streams and increase revenue from major/corporate gifts, individual gifts, grants and contracts, planned giving, and events.
- Work closely with Executive team to develop and implement a strategic fundraising plan, and put into place robust fundraising strategies and systems that will support its success.
- Adopt and administer a donor database for accurate and timely donor and gift record-keeping.
- Participate in outreach activities and community events related to donor cultivation.
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintain accountability standards to donors and ensure compliance with code of ethics principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraising executives.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work under pressure, balance competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines. An ability to move things forward while having timely follow through.
- Teach, train and mentor other non-fundraising staff on effective communication, presentation and philanthropy skills and topic.
- Work with communications staff to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies and materials across platforms in order to raise brand awareness and support fundraising from diverse audiences.
Experience working with volunteers (i.e. community groups, churches, persons of disabilities, students) is helpful. Demonstrated capability to handle multiple assignments, meet deadlines and produce rapid and accurate turnaround assignments. Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets and graphics software desired. Ability to compose correspondence and proof of assignments to ensure accurate documentation. Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail required. Individual must be self motivated and able to work unsupervised.
Time Commitment Minimum:
Flexible, 12 - 15 hours per week. Hours may be scheduled during normal business hours (Monday - Friday between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.). Occasional on-site weekend event support may be required. Applicants able to schedule the maximum hours/duration typically gain more in-depth experience.
Benefits Available to Volunteer:
Although this is an unpaid volunteering opportunity that does not lead to employment or includes employee benefits, this opportunity offers:
- Learn about startup environments and how to get a social media and advertising strategy ramped up
- Provide significant strategic and creative contributions toward the development of social media activities
- Fulfill college or university internship or volunteer requirements
- Build your resume with unique startup experience and social media/marketing strategies
PLUS have fun learning - there is so much opportunity!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Customer Acquisition
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 12 - 15 hrs/week