Become a volunteer with Apreva Hospice!
31 people are interested
Apreva Hospice of San Diego is looking for passionate volunteers to join our Hospice team. There are both Administrative and Direct Care opportunities available.Administrative
- The Administrative Volunteer functions as added support for the hospice staff in all areas except direct patient care.
- Tasks may include: filing, assistance with mailings, assembling hospice packets, data entry, or other general office tasks assigned by Volunteer Coordinator.
Patient Support Volunteers
- Sewing Volunteers: Help create keepsakes for families of their deceased loved one's favorite shirt, dress, or blanket made into a memory bear. This keepsake can provide support and feelings of comfort to family members who have recently lost a loved one. Use your gifts and talents to provide support to families during the grief process.
- Cosmetologist Volunteers: If you are a licensed cosmetologist, stylist, or beautician, join Apreva Hospice and provide pampering and relaxation for patients who are unable to transport to a salon. Pampering can include: hair (shampoo, cut, set and style), manicure, or makeup application.
- Reiki Practitioner: Provide support for patients in need through Reiki sessions. Visit patients in their homes or their long term health care facilities. If you are a Reiki Practitioner, we would love to work with you. Duties include offering Reiki sessions to the patient and/or caregiver.
- Licensed Massage Therapist Volunteer: A compassionate touch can go a long way for those in need of comfort and solace. Sometimes all a patient needs is someone to hold their hand. Other times a light massage from a trained individual makes all the difference. If you are a Licensed Massage Therapist the Apreva Hospice Volunteer Program would love to work with you.
- Music Volunteer: We are looking for individuals to volunteer their time and talent to provide social/musical visits to our patients. Music can provide a wonderful opportunity to connect with a patient, and promote feelings of comfort and safety for a patient in need. If you play an instrument, sing, or simply have a love for music and sharing it with others, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
- Patient Support Volunteer: Duties may include: providing respite for patient caregivers, providing companionship to patients, running errands for patients or caregivers, light meal prep, light housekeeping, or reading to patients.
About APREVA HOSPICE
1565 HOTEL CIRCLE S. Suite 320, SAN DIEGO, CA 92108, US
To honor and promote the quality of life for patients and their loved ones during the end of life’s journey by providing comfort and compassionate care from our interdisciplinary team of specially trained professionals and volunteers.
- At Apreva Hospice, we provide comprehensive, high quality care to meet the individual needs of patients facing the end stages of life through a holistic approach based on comfort and compassion by addressing the physical, social, emotional and spiritual needs of each patient and their loved ones.
- We care compassionately for patients and families to empower and honor those we serve. To make a difference in how you live.
- We promote community education to foster awareness, participation, knowledge and understanding of the hospice concept of care among the public and health care profession.
- We are committed to each other, and strive to make a difference every day. Every patient should feel they are our only patient, as we respect their dignity with compassionate care. Our goal is to ease the physical, social, emotional, and spiritual pain of each patient and their family.
We'll work with your schedule.
1565 Hotel Circle SouthSan Diego, CA 92108
- Elder care
- Massage Therapy
- Music Arts
- Administrative Support
- Hospice Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training