The American Red Cross is in need of Mental Health Professionals
6 people are interested
We are in need of men and women who are mental health professionals that would be willing to dedicate their time and talent to assist us in our service to the community. In this volunteer opportunity, you would assist with mental health screening/informal assessments, providing emotional care and support, provide crisis intervention, educate workers and clients about emotional recovery and effective coping techniques and more.
- Have a graduate degree
- Current license or certification in a mental health discipline
- Able to promote, develop and maintain productive and amicable working relationships with diverse individuals and groups, including peers and supervisors.
Please go to our website: redcross.org/volunteer or call 215.299.4803
About American Red Cross - Eastern Pennsylvania Region
2221 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
We'll work with your schedule.
Philadelphia County (Various Locations)Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Counseling / Mental Health
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Must have graduate degree and current license or certification in a mental health discipline: social work (LCSW), psychiatry, psychology, counseling, psychiatric nursing, marriage and family therapy.