We are in need of Spiritual Care Volunteers. Can you help?
4 people are interested
- Assist disaster clients to utilize their own spiritual resources, values and faith in the midst of crisis, regardless of one's faith tradition.
- Participate in local responses, such as providing support to a family who has experienced a house fire.
- Be involved in preparedness efforts, such as the Home Fire Campaign or community disaster education.
- Assist the chapter in developing partnerships with local faith-based organizations.
- Facilitate long-term recovery for clients by providing spiritual and emotional support, and connection to local resources.
- Be available for staff who request spiritual care support.
- Time Commitment
- Varies depending on local disaster events; minimum 8-hours per month
Disaster spiritual care provider from a National VOAD member organization, and/or
Professional OR Board certified chaplain, and/or
An endorsed leader in a local faith community
Successful completion of Pennsylvania ACT 153 clearances.
We'll work with your schedule.
2221 Chestnut StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19102
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 8 hours per month
- *Disaster spiritual care provider from a National VOAD member organization, and/or *Professional OR Board certified chaplain, and/or *An endorsed leader in a local faith community