Family Support Volunteers - Greenwich
3 people are interested
Family Support Volunteers provide personal support to individuals with terminal illness and their families. Volunteers may provide caregiving respite and relief, companionship, transportation, shopping and errand services, journaling and life review, as well as a welcoming smile, a listening heart and caring hands. Volunteers do not provide hands-on care, rather are a supportive presence for the patient and/or family. Family Support Volunteers are members of the hospice Interdisciplinary Team and work with other team members to provide a continuum of care for patients and caregivers.
All interested volunteers must:
* Fill out an application online
* Schedule an interview
* Submit three references
* Complete a background check
* Attend a 20-hour training (over 5 evenings OR 3 days). Please contact the volunteer department for upcoming dates.
We'll work with your schedule.
Greater Greenwich AreaGreenwich, CT 06831
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Flexible - but an ongoing commitment
- Mandatory 20-hour training